Japan 2011: Onsen Ryokan for The First time

If you live in Jakarta or other hectic city, everyday faces never ending traffic jam or pollution. Staying at Onsen Ryokan is the perfect gateway. My 2011 trip to Japan I had a chance to stay at Onsen Ryokan in Sapporo, I stayed at Nukumorinoyado Furukawa, it is fifty minutes from downtown Sapporo. It was my first experience stayed at Onsen Ryokan and onsen bath.


Nukumorinoyado Furukawa
in front of the Ryokan


reception area




My room was Nukumori-Kan Japanese traditional with tatami mat flooring, low wooden table, futon bedding and of course yukata robes. 

Photo taken from Nukumorinoyado Furukawa website

Photo taken from Nukumorinoyado Furukawa website

wearing yukata

The Onsen are separated by gender, so must not worry.  At first I was little bit nervous about one of the Onsen rules, you must naked.  I was lucky when I tried my afterrnoon Onsen Bath there was nobody, I felt relieved.  My friend said to me, Ryokan Onsen mostly visitor are elderly, he was right, for my noon Onsen bath, I meet group of naked elderly hihihihih.
"the real perks of staying at a ryokan are the impeccable hospitality (omotenashi), multicourse kaiseki dinner (and ensuing breakfast spread) that’s typically built into room rates, and, not always but usually, access to a nearby or on-site onsen (hot spring). - Christina Liao, Vouge.com -

Indeed, I tried the Kaiseki dinner, as I remember I had 20 delicious meals course.

Happy face before 20 meals corse

 






Man down after 20 meals course
I was very full after 20 meals course, but it was nice experience for me. If you have a chance to visit Japan, I recommended you to stay at Ryokan Onsen, would be romantic if you stay with someone you loved.

PS: Thank to My OK Man for this experience.

***


Comments

Popular Posts